5k Dune Challenge
2014 Earth, Wind & Tired 5K
A course 12,000 years in the making!
May 3, 2014
Race Starts At: 11:00am
Muskegon State Park- Lake Michigan Beach Parking Lot
Early Bird Family/Team Rate of 4 $100.00
Day of Team of 4 for $160.00
Everyone receives a earthly participant medal, full Mastodon BBQ meal ticket (vegan options as well:), 1 free adult or kiddie beverage at the Prehistoric Awards Party
Complex season pass holders save $5.00 per person on entry.
Schedule of Events and Activities:
9:00 - 10:30 AM - Race Packet Pickup/ Day-of Registration
- Muskegon State Park Beach Pavilion- Get Directions
Day-of race registration available for $40 or REGISTER NOW and receive discounted rates for families, teams and MWSC season pass holders.
- Download the printable waiver required of all participants before the race.
11:00 AM - Race Start
- The race will feature a one "wave" start beginning at 11:00 AM
- Muskegon State Park - Lake Michigan beach parking lot. View a map of the race course
- To ensure everyone's safety, baby joggers, bicycles, roller blades, skateboards and animals are not allowed in the 5K Run.
5K Run Age Divisions
Age divisions for males and females are: 13 and under, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29,30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80+.
12:00 - 4:00 PM - Move Around the Mitten Outdoor Health Expo
- Visit outdoor health information booths, participate in fun, physical challenges, children's face painting and more.
- Is your business enthusiastic about promoting health and wellness in the community? Apply to be a vendor at the expo.
12:30 PM - Awards Ceremony & After Race Party
- All participants will receive a finisher award as well as the top three in each age division. No awards will be mailed.
- Enjoy a beer garden, live music and more!